University Relations leads the university community in promoting the talent, expertise, accomplishments, and resources of George Mason University as a world-class institution of higher education.
Mail Stop, 2F7
Where Innovation Is Tradition
Our latest campaign highlights the innovative research and entrepreneurial spirit of George Mason University:
- Kevin Laub Never Planned To Be A Teacher
- With the help of Mason's Career Switchers Program, Laub got his teaching certification, went on to earn a master's degree—and discovered his true calling.
- Moving Research from Lab to Bedside
- Mason graduate Zobair Younossi is using cutting-edge technologies to develop better diagnostic tools and treatments for potentially life-threatening diseases.
- Telling the Stories Behind History
- Mason graduate Mark Jones developed a web site and discussion forum for The War, a new PBS documentary by Ken Burns.
- Looking Inside the Working Brain
- Layne Kalbfleisch's research is providing new insights into talent, intelligence, and how the brain works.
- Predicting the Next Katrina
- Guido Cervone and his students are using satelite microwave technology and buoy measurements to track potentially dangerous storms around the globe.
- Diving into the Mysteries of Coral Disease
- The coral reefs are dying and Mason researchers like Geoff Cook are trying to find out why.
- Research on the Edge—Of the Solar System
- Mason astrophysicist Merav Opher and her team of researchers have their eyes on the stars—and the matter in between.
- These Guys Got Games(s)
- Mason seniors Steve Taylor and Mike Gagnon have been developing computer games for years. Now they are taking on the gaming world.
- Protecting Human Life and the Environment from Radioactive Materials
- Cynthia Tselepis came to George Mason University to earn a degree. She’s leaving with a patent and a company.
- Ways to Help Pilots Perform Better and Make Air Travel Safer
- Working on a grant from NASA, graduate student Melanie Diez LeGoullon is investigating interruptions in the cockpit and pilot errors.
- How Does the Brain Work?
- At George Mason University, Giorgio Ascoli and his team of student researchers are working at the frontier of brain science and computing.
- Can Cancer Become a Manageable Disease?
- Mason researchers Lance Liotta’s and Emanuel Petricoin’s research breakthroughs hold promise for new treatments.
- Making Drinking Water Safer... One Village at a Time
- Mason researcher Abul Hussam has developed an inexpensive, environmentally sound way to remove arsenic from ground water.
- Decade of the Mind
- World-renowned scientists convened at George Mason University to call for a 10-year intellectual revolution—the "decade of the mind"—aimed at reaching the next levels of understanding the human brain.